Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rantsicle 10, The Chase Ends

Wednesday, the 9th of September 2009, 9:34 PM, PST

Yeah, Yeah, I know I’ve already invoked my Fifth Amendment, but WTH. That’s over and done for. Time to paint the town red again. Open Season. Drinking Season. Cardinal-sinning Season, here I come. Ha! ^_^

* * *

Just finished Haruki Murakami’s A Wild Sheep Chase this afternoon. The novel was published in 1982 and is the third book in Murakami’s “Trilogy of the Rat.” Man, that man can write. I love the part where he finally gets to meet The Rat (his ghost, that is) in total darkness at this creepy godforsaken place. The conversation that took place could rival the best philosophical discourses ever written. Maybe I exaggerate, but it felt weird, darkly exhilarating. You’d have to read the novel to understand what I mean.

Notable Characters
The unnamed narrator’s girlfriend who has such exquisite ears that seeing it will make sex a thousand times better. Hmmm, interesting. Ear fetish. Kinky.

A strange sheep-outfitted man who talks in slurs. Somethinghesayswouldlooklikethis. Seewhatimean?
The Rat. Spoiler Alert so I won't describe him. ^_^

May we all find our "Sheeps."

No comments:

Post a Comment